The causes for having a double chin can be very different. Skinny women could still have a double chin due to genetics, water retention, bad eating habits or unhealthy lifestyle choices. If you want to lose your double chin, make sure to have a healthy diet, take care of your skin, and don’t forget about special exercises that can help slim down the chin area. Check them out!
Best double chin exercises:
Exercising your jaw and facial muscles help to tighten your facial skin and fight the body fat which was accumulated in this area and caused your double chin. At the front of our neck and under our chin is the platysma muscle. If this muscle begins to sag, it creates a double chin (also known as a turkey neck). The exercises below, tone the platysma muscle and are really great for chin fat. Repeat regularly for best results and getting rid of your double chin.
- Open your mouth wide.
- Now try to pull your bottom lip towards your nose.
- Move your lower jaw up and down.
Roll your Head
- Another exercise involves gently turning your head clockwise and then anticlockwise, keeping your spine straight all the while.
- With an open mouth, move your lower jaw from right to left.
- Repeat at least 5 minutes daily for the best results.
- Pronounce vowels (A, E, I, O, and U) widely and loudly.
- Repeat 15 times daily for best results.
Change your sleeping position and lose the double chin!
To further reduce puffiness and facial water retention, sleep on your back with your head slightly elevated. This position allows fluids to drain from your face. Use an extra pillow so that your head is at least a couple inches above your body.
Chewing gum helps to get rid of double chin
Chewing gum is a good remedy for double chin (if caused by weak, sagging muscles) without any side effects. To get rid of the double chin, it is important to train your facial muscles regularly and thus tighten them. Chewing gum gives your jaw and facial muscles a workout and will tone your chin.
Styling against double chin
- Contour your face and use a powder (a shade darker than your skin) to enhance your jawline. This can honestly make it appear like you have a slim and slender chin.
- A medium hair cut that rests just below the chin will cover the problem best.
- Wear a broad, open neckline to draw attention away from the chin.
- Avoid wearing shirts and blouses with high necks or turtlenecks.
Better posture to reduce the double chin
Stop slouching! The posture plays a big role in reducing double chin. When you sit for long periods with your head down and your shoulders are slumped forward, you are developing a very bad posture! Your body is losing flexibility and most importantly, the muscles in the front of your neck are weakening. This promotes a favorable environment for a double chin. While working or reading, always keep your head as straight as possible and try to sit or stand in a straight and comfortable position.
Moisturize your skin to reduce double chin
The face requires hydration to reduce double chin! Apply any recommended lotion or moisturizer on the neck for hydration and to reduce baggy skin in the chin area.