As you get older, facial muscles will naturally begin to lose elasticity and flexibility, which leads to wrinkles and a saggy appearance. Face yoga strengthens the 55 muscles of your face and is a great alternative to common anti-aging remedies. The yoga techniques are designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the middle layer of the skin, giving you smoother, tighter-looking skin and a more radiant complexion. If you practice face yoga regularly, it can smooth your wrinkles, lift eyes, reduce puffiness, tone cheeks, firm jawlines and create a healthy glow. Doing the following face yoga exercises once or twice a day, you will see results faster than you think!
6 super effective facelift exercises
We collected for you 6 fabulous anti-aging face yoga exercises. They may seem unusual, but face yoga is one of the biggest recent anti-aging trends. Check it out and see for yourself, how they make your face look firm and healthy!
This face yoga exercise smooths the nasolabial fold lines and lifts the eyes and cheeks.
- Place both palms on your cheeks.
- Push your hands up and down, lifting the sides of your face.
- Open your mouth and make an “O” shape. Drop your jaw to make your face as long as possible.
- Hold this pose for about 30 seconds. Repeat two more times.
This face yoga exercise tightens your forehead and horizontal forehead lines.
- Just place your hands on the outer edges of your forehead and apply pressure to smooth out the skin (imagine you are sweeping away your forehead wrinkles).
- Now start to raise and lower your eyebrows. Don’t be afraid to apply firm pressure. You want to feel some resistance from the skin while you perform this exercise.
This face yoga exercise helps reduce double-chin and saggy, loose skin on the neck.
- Looking straight ahead, place the fingertips at the bottom of your neck and lightly stroke the skin downwards with the head tilted back.
- Bring the head back down to the chest and repeat twice more.
- Finally, jut the lower lip out as far as possible to pull the corners of the mouth down and place fingertips on the collarbone with the chin pointed upwards.
Show your tongue
This yoga exercise reduces puffy eyes and a swollen face.
- Just place your hands on your temples and apply pressure to smooth out the skin.
- Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold this pose for about 60 seconds.
This face yoga exercise relieves plump cheeks, fades away nasal labial folds.
- Smile wide displaying your teeth.
- Gently press your fingertips on the crease between your nose and lips. Then lift your muscles up while pressing your fingertips down to apply little resistance. Repeat it at least 20 times.
This face yoga exercise helps to correct nasal labial folds and chubby cheeks.
- Fill up one of your cheeks with air and transfer the air from one cheek to another as you would do with mouthwash.
- Continue it for 1 minute and relax. Repeat it 5 to 10 times at a stretch for best results.
To nourish your skin from the inside, you should try out our True Beauty Collagen Drink. It contains scientifically proven PEPTAN® collagen and contributes to radiant, healthier skin.